Choose Language   ITA
twitter facebook pinterest instagram instagram feed rss

Press Releases

MilleMiglia frequent flyer programme - no miles to expire in 2016

A double bonus for members of Alitalia’s MilleMiglia loyalty programme has been announced.

Miles earned in the last three years will not expiry on 31 August 2016 when the current programme was scheduled to conclude and the accruals will roll over on 1 September to be credited fully in each members’ personal accounts.

The airline also said that a new online store has been launched where frequent flyers can trade in their miles for exclusive products and find the perfect idea for Christmas gifts.

There are now many opportunities for nearly five million MilleMiglia members to use their mileage with choices of more than 1,000 destinations offered by Alitalia, SkyTeam member airlines and the Etihad Airways Partners.

Alitalia offered this year some three million seats for award tickets which were available on every flight operated by the Italian airline.

A new and exclusive MilleMiglia Gallery (millemigliagallery.com) online store has more than 400 promotional offers including Apple and Samsung smartphones and tablets, Canon and Sony cameras, Beats and Sennheiser headphones, watches and fashion accessories by Ferrari, Seiko, Swarovski, Fendi, Hugo Boss; Callaway golf clubs and Wilson tennis rackets; Amazon and Feltrinelli gift cards; and also Piaggio motor vehicles and packages for exciting experiences such as flying a helicopter. Goods range from 5,000 to more than one million miles.

The MilleMiglia Gallery online shop is available 24/7 and purchased goods can be delivered in all European countries at no additional cost.

Alitalia’s MilleMiglia loyalty programme is the largest in Italy with nearly five million members and more than 20,000 new subscribers every month, 30 partner airlines, 50 commercial partners and 600 airport lounges.

The programme is popular with occasional as well as frequent flyers, and youngsters too with MilleMiglia Kids for children aged between two and 14.

Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has a 75 per cent stake in Alitalia Loyalty S.p.A, the owner and operator of MilleMiglia, and Alitalia holds the remaining 25 per cent stake.