PROUD TO SHOW THE BEST OF OUR COUNTRY
ALITALIA, ITALY’S LEADING AIRLINE AND AMONG THE MAIN CARRIERS IN EUROPE
Alitalia - Società Aerea Italiana (alitalia.com) is Italy’s largest airline and commenced operations on January 1, 2015 after acquiring the operational activities of Alitalia - Compagnia Aerea Italiana, now named CAI. CAI has a 51% controlling stake in Alitalia and the remaining 49% of shares are owned by Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates.
The company operates one of the most efficient fleet in Europe. The fleet consists of 122 aircraft, including 24 long-haul (10 Boeing 777-200 LR, 14 Airbus A330-200), 78 medium-haul (12 Airbus A321s, 44 Airbus A320s, 22 Airbus A319) and 20 regional (5 Embraer 190 and 15 Embraer 175).
In 2015 Alitalia carried 22.9 million passengers. The Company’s 2016 summer schedule offers 97 destinations, of which 27 in Italy and 75 for the rest of the world and 4,400 weekly flights.
Alitalia collaborates with Etihad Airways Partners: airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Etihad Airways, Etihad Regional operated by Darwin Airline, Jet Airways and NIKI . EAP airlines reach over 250 destionations across Europe, North and South America, Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific region.
Alitalia is a member of the SkyTeam alliance with Aeroflot, Aerolíneas Argentinas, Aeromexico, Air Europa, Air France, China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern, Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Garuda Indonesia, Kenya Airways, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Korean Air, Middle East Airlines, Saudia, Tarom, Vietnam Airlines and Xiamen Airlines. In 2010 Alitalia joined Air France - KLM and Delta Airlines as part of the airline industry’s leading Transatlantic Joint Venture. Thanks to the joint venture between these companies, passengers now have privileged access to the largest transatlantic network in the world, with more frequencies, competitive rates and consistent service on all transatlantic flights.
The quality of its service, the attention to the passenger experience, the high level of professionalism, the consistent training of its crew, service technicians and all its staff have always been the hallmark of Alitalia. The distinctive Italian style comfort and elegance are always present on board Alitalia’s aircraft: from award-winning menus featuring regional Italian cuisine, to linens designed by Italian luxury brand Frette, tableware designed by Richard Ginori, and an amenity kit with personal care items by Salvatore Ferragamo.
On long-haul flights Alitalia offers three classes of service: Business class, Premium Economy, and Economy class. Business class guests enjoy all-aisle seats, upholstered in leather, that convert to true flatbeds, reclining a full 180 degrees and large15.4 inch. LCD screens providing on-demand audio & video, including movies, music and games. The excellence and exclusivity of the service on board Alitalia is also distinguished by the sophisticated dining experience: award-winning Italian regional recipes prepared with fresh products DOP and IGP are paired with premium wines selected by Alitalia’s official Sommelier in collaboration with the Italian Sommelier Foundation.
Alitalia's commitment to the enhancement of Italian cuisine in the world through the onboard dining experience has received the award for "Best Airline Cuisine" for six consecutive years (2010-2015). The award was given by the readers of Global Traveler Magazine for the quality of its meals served on board. More than 26,000 frequent business and luxury travelers participated in the “2014 GT Tested Reader Survey Awards”, naming the best in a variety of categories in the travel and tourism industry.
Alitalia operates in both passenger and cargo transportation. The cargo activity boasts a portfolio with a wide range of products tailored to meet the demand of its customers. Cargo transportation is operated by utilizing both the hold of passenger aircraft and charter flights.
For over fifty years, Alitalia's Training Center has trained a great number of its crew, thanks to high-tech simulators and to a highly qualified staff of certified instructors. Alitalia trains its crews and also organizes training courses for individuals.
Alitalia is fully committed to a policy of sustainability and corporate social responsibility, the founding values of its corporate culture and of its daily work ethic.
For all those who are anxious about flying, Alitalia has designed the program "Voglia di volare”". Since 1997, more than two thousand people have overcome their fear of flying by getting to know the aircraft and crew, by becoming familiar with the technical and psychological aspects of flying. Over 90% of participants started or restarted to fly regularly. The seminar is in fact aimed both at people who have never flown, and those who live with discomfort, or with anxiety the experience of flight.